Event occurred on: 6-16-2022
ACI’s West Coast Forum on FCPA Enforcement and Compliance
Location: Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel, San Francisco, CA
Time: 10:45 AM PT
Share this event with your colleagues and connections on social media.
Freshfields partner Tim Howard will be participating in the 12th West Coast Forum on FCPA Enforcement and Compliance.
Widely regarded as the must-attend event for the legal and compliance community, this two-day forum is the only comprehensive, practical event of its kind on the west coast and offers best in class opportunities to connect with decision-makers across the legal and compliance industry, gather cross-industry takeaways, and hear critically important updates. Tim will be speaking on the panel “The Continuing Compliance Challenges of Ephemeral Messaging: The Three Biggest Dilemmas-and How to Resolve Them,” which will discuss the DOJ’s swiftly evolving sophistication on this modern data delivery subject and the need for in-house and outside counsel to ensure their companies and clients have proper communication polices in place.
Topics of discussion will include:
- How the industry is updating policies, procedures and monitoring
- Reconsidering your Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies
- Data privacy issues that can affect compliance with DOJ data retention policies
- Mitigating remote working risks
- Restricting use of messaging apps to company-owned
- Reviewing data privacy policies and procedures: Ensuring that all business communications can be reviewed, especially in jurisdictions with heightened data privacy regulations
- How the industry is addressing high stakes cybersecurity and data privacy dilemmas
- Implementing internal investigations practices for data localization, collection, and review
Friends of Freshfields can use discount code P15-999-FBD22 to receive 15% off registration.