Event occurred on: 4-26-2023
9th Annual Berkeley M&A and The Boardroom Forum
Time: 12:00 PM - 5:55 PM (PT)
Freshfields Co-Head of US Corporate and M&A partner Ethan Klingsberg invites you to the 9th Annual Spring Forum on M&A and the Boardroom on April 26, 2023.
Share this event with your colleagues and connections on social media.
This year's conference will feature:
- Chair Lina M. Khan, Federal Trade Commission, on antitrust policy and protecting America’s consumers, and Lucia Bonova, Head of Unit - Digital Platforms at DG Competition, European Commission, on antitrust policy and what comes next for Europe, as well as Jenn Mellott from Freshfields’ band one global antitrust team
- Honorable Nathan A. Cook, the newest judge on the Delaware Court of Chancery, on guidance and clarifications for boards and practitioners, with Meredith Kotler, Freshfields’ Co-Head of Securities and Shareholder Litigation
- Director of the SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance, Erik Gerding, on the latest priorities at the SEC, with Sarah Solum, Freshfields’ Head of US Capital Markets
- Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Investment Security, Paul Rosen, US Dept. of Treasury (functionally the head of CFIUS), on the evolution of CFIUS and the regulation of outbound investment from the US, with Freshfields’ Aimen Mir, the former long-time head of CFIUS
- A special session on how boards and their advisors are to make sense of the expectations of institutional investors including:
- Giuseppe Bivona, Co-Founder Bluebell Partners (activist investor leading a campaign to remove Larry Fink as CEO of Blackrock for his approach to ESG);
- Matt Cole, Chief Investment Officer at Strive Asset Management (the asset manager focused on "depoliticizing corporate America" and founded by Vivek Ramaswamy (author of Woke, Inc.: Inside Corporate America’s Social Justice Scam) along with Bill Ackman and Peter Thiel)
- Tariq Fancy, Former Chief Investment Officer for Sustainable Investing at Blackrock (author of the provocative Secret Diary of a Sustainable Investor)
- Anne Simpson, Global Head of Sustainability at Franklin Templeton
CA MCLE and NY CLE credits available.
For information about the conference, check out the event website.
University of California, Berkeley