About Gian Luca Zampa
Gian Luca joined the firm in 2001 and became partner in 2005.
His practice cover the whole range of merger control, cartels, unilateral behaviour, co-operation agreements and verticals, as well as state aid, both before the European Commission and the Italian antitrust authority. He is also active in antitrust litigation at national and EU levels.
Gian Luca is keen to be involved in all aspects of a business, and his cohesive and diverse team take an open approach that helps blur the boundaries between adviser and client.
As an ex-officer and case handler at the Italian antitrust authority working mainly in broadcasting and transport, Gian Luca brings insight into regulators' mindset and their likely objectives.
- Advising a multinational beverage and brewing company on the global convergence planning process related to its acquisition of another international company in the same sector.
- Advising a company in the technology sector on an antitrust investigation run by the Italian antitrust authority in relation to solar energy inverters.
- Advising a company in the industrial sector on a number of antitrust and compliance-related issues.
- Advising an Italian company operating in the aerospace sector on a number of antitrust and merger-related issues in the industry.
- Advising the Italian stock exchange on an investigation by the Italian antitrust authority in relation to unilateral conduct issues in the financial information vendor business.
- Advising an international company in the transport sector on an antitrust investigation in the freight-forwarding sector before the Italian antitrust authority.
- Advising an international airline on regulatory litigation brought by two other airlines.
- Advising an international manufacturer on a number of investigations by the Italian antitrust authority in the cement and ready-mix sector.
- University of Bologna, Italy (law, JD, summa cum laude)
- Queen Mary & Westfield College, University of London, UK (master's degree) 1995
- Columbia University Law School, New York, US (master's degree) 2000
- Admitted to practise in Italy (Italian Bar; Supreme Court)
- Admitted to practise in New York (New York Bar)