About Claire Wills
Claire is a corporate partner and managing partner of our London office.
Claire works mainly with financial institutions including insurance companies, banks, asset managers as well as a number of clients in the retail and consumer sector. Her expertise covers mergers and acquisitions, complex restructurings, joint ventures and governance projects. Claire's ability to lead a team delivering complex mandates is particularly valued.
An experienced relationship partner, Claire regularly advises a number of our key clients including Barclays, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, the Prudential and Tesco.
Claire became a partner in May 2001. She co-chaired our partner recommendation committee for a number of years, was appointed joint head of our global financial institutions sector group in December 2014 and managing partner, London in February 2019.
- Advising Aberdeen Asset Management on its all-share merger with Standard Life.
- Advising HSBC on Saudi British Bank’s merger with Alawwal Bank and on a number of non-core disposals including part of its Cayman banking business to Butterfield Bank.
- Advising Barclays on its acquisition of Standard Life Bank, Goldfish Credit Card and on its disposal of Barclays Bank Russia and other non-core disposals (including Barclays Wealth disposal of its offshore trust and fiduciary business).
- Advising ReAssure on their acquisition of the mature savings business of Legal & General.
- Advising Prudential UK on the sale of its joint venture stake in the health and protection business to Discovery.
- Advising Tesco on its merger with Booker and a number of acquisitions and disposals, including the carve-out of Tesco Bank from RBS and the carve-out of Tesco Insurance into a joint venture with Fortis to create Tesco Insurance.