About Graham Watson
Graham is head of our global energy group.
His practice covers public and private mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and general corporate and commercial advice.
Based in London, Graham has worked on many of the energy industry's most transformative deals, advising on over US$200bn of M&A across over 50 jurisdictions.
A fluent Spanish speaker, Graham spent almost three years based in our Madrid office. He is one of our country partners for Brazil, Mexico and South Africa.
- Advising BASF on the merger between Wintershall Dea and Harbour Energy, with the Wintershall Dea assets valued at US$11.2bn.
- Advising Neptune Energy and its sponsors, Carlyle, CVC and CIC, on its US$4.9bn acquisition by ENI and Vår Energi, on the US$3.9bn acquisition of ENGIE E&P International and on the proposed acquisition of Edison’s UK and Norwegian North Sea assets from Energean.
- Advising Siccar Point Energy and its sponsors, Blackstone Energy Partners and Blue Water Energy, on the sale, for up to US$1.46bn, of Siccar Point Energy to Ithaca Energy.
- Advising Occidental Petroleum on the international aspects of its US$57bn acquisition of Anadarko, on its US$3.9bn Mozambique and South Africa sales to TotalEnergies and on its Ghana sale to Kosmos and GNPC.
- Advising Tullow Oil on the sale of its Ugandan interests to TotalEnergies and on its convertible bond offering.
- Advising TotalEnergies on its:
- US$7.45bn acquisition of Maersk Oil; and
- acquisition of Chevron Denmark.
- Advising BG Group on its:
- US$70bn recommended takeover by Shell;
- US$5bn Queensland Curtis liquefied natural gas pipeline sale to APA, Australia's largest gas infrastructure business; and
- US$1.7bn disposal to Cosan of its 60.1 per cent holding in Comgás, Brazil’s largest gas distribution company.
- Advising Hess on its sale of Libya upstream interests to TotalEnergies and ConocoPhillips, on an acquisition of Guyana upstream interests and on its sales of Ghana upstream interests to Aker Energy and LUKoil.
- Advising on Wintershall Dea’s €4.0bn inaugural bond issue.
- Advising Pilgrim’s Pride on its US$952m acquisition of Kerry’s Meats and Meals business in the UK and Ireland.
- Advising TelecityGroup on its proposed US$4.5bn all-share merger with InterXion.
- Advising on the settlement between the Karachaganak consortium (BG, Eni, Chevron and LUKoil) and the Republic of Kazakhstan, including the US$3bn transfer of 10 per cent of the consortium’s interests to national oil company KazMunayGas.
- Advising Sinochem on its acquisition of Emerald Energy, the first London main market takeover by a Chinese state-owned enterprise.
- Advising on various transactions for Xstrata, including its unsolicited and contested C$20bn acquisition of Falconbridge, its Cerrejón and Prodeco Colombian coal acquisitions and its rights issues.
- Trinity College, University of Oxford, UK (BA/MA in Law)