About Alan Wang
Alan is a corporate partner in our global transactions group. He is based in our Shanghai and Beijing offices.
Alan has broad experience in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity, China-related inbound and outbound investments, corporate restructuring and financial services.
Alan has written various articles on the private equity market in China (China Law and Practice, Practical Law and IFLR).
Alan speaks Mandarin and English.
- Volkswagen on its €1bn investment in Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Group and JAC Volkswagen Automotive.
- CRCC International Investment Group on its €704m acquisition of a controlling stake in Aldesa, a Spanish construction group.
- Allianz SE on its acquisition of Goldman Sachs’ stake in Taikang Insurance Group.
- Orient Hontai Capital on its €1bn acquisition of a controlling stake in Imagina, a Spanish sports media group.
- China private equity consortium on its acquisition of Esoate SpA, an Italian manufacturer of ultrasound medical devices.
- China Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection Group, China Tianying Inc. and other co-investors on their acquisition of Urbaser, S.A., a leading Spanish waste management group.
- Shanghai Feilo on its acquisition of Sylvania Group, a leading global lighting equipment maker.
- China Mobile Ltd on its formation of a joint venture with Deutsche Telekom AG to bring a "Connected Car" software platform to the Chinese market.
- Zhuzhou Time New Material on its US$400m acquisition of ZF AG, a German rubber and plastics business.
- Dalian Wanda Group (a) on its acquisition of Sunseeker, a UK yacht maker and (b) on the acquisition of a Central London development site, One Nine Elms, with planning permission for a hotel and residential complex.
- Bright Food Group Co, the Chinese food conglomerate, on its purchase of a controlling stake in Israel’s Tnuva Food Industries Ltd from Apax Partners.
- Anheuser Busch InBev on its acquisition of Asia Brewery's China operations.
- Admitted in the State of New York and the State of New South Wales.
- Alan obtained bachelor degrees with honours in both law and economics from the Australian National University. He also holds a Master of Laws degree from Harvard Law School.