About Bea Tormey
Bea specialises in advising on antitrust and other regulatory investigations, as well as on antitrust litigation.
In recent years, Bea has represented clients in antitrust and regulatory investigations undertaken by EU and UK authorities, including the European Commission, the Competition and Markets Authority, the Financial Conduct Authority, Ofcom and Ofgem. She has a depth of experience in co-ordinating the defence of antitrust investigations across multiple jurisdictions, including in advising on dawn raids and leniency applications.
Bea also represents clients in antitrust litigation before the High Court and the Competition Appeal Tribunal and has been involved in developing and co-ordinating antitrust litigation strategies across Europe. She is a member of our antitrust litigation team and cartel skills group.
- Acting for JPMorgan Chase & Co in relation to the European Commission’s investigations into LIBOR and EURIBOR.
- Acting for Volvo/Renault Trucks in the co-ordination of its Europe-wide defence of claims arising from the European Commission’s decision relating to the trucks industry.
- Acting for Emirates in cartel damages litigation in the English High Court arising from the air cargo cartel.
- Acting for British Vita in relation to its successful immunity application and subsequent defence of litigation arising from the European Commission’s decision in relation to polyurethane foam.
- Acting in various regulatory investigations and market reviews in the telecommunications and energy sectors.
- LLB (First Class Honours), The Australian National University
- LLM, Emmanuel College, Cambridge