About Yuxin Shen
Yuxin has more than 12 years' experience advising clients on M&A, joint ventures and other corporate transactions in and outside China.
He also has a wide range of experience in dealing with China’s financial regulations and has advised clients in both transactional and advisory contexts.
Yuxin was seconded to China Investment Corporation, China’s sovereign wealth fund, for six months from 2012–13, and Alcoa’s legal department for the Asia-Pacific region for six months in 2014.
He is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Advising DBS Bank on the China aspect of its acquisition of ANZ’s Asia-wide retail and wealth management operations.
- Advising Trivium Investment Limited, a company controlled by the Permira funds, on its HK$6.47bn acquisition of Tricor, the leading provider of integrated business, corporate and investor services in Asia Pacific.
- Advising Deutsche Bank on its acquisition of and subsequent RMB22.4bn sale of the 19.99 per cent stake in the Shanghai-listed Hua Xia Bank.
- Advising China Cinda Asset Management on the US$8.7bn acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Nanyang Commercial Bank from Bank of China (Hong Kong).
- Advising HSBC on the establishment of a securities joint venture in the Qianhai special economic zone of Shenzhen under the Mainland and Hong Kong Closer Economic Partnership Agreement.
- Fudan University Law School, China (LLB and LLM)
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, US (LLM)
- State of New York bar