About Dr. Christian Ruoff
Christian specialises in the tax structuring of acquisitions, corporate reorganisations, private equity and real estate transactions as well as providing tax advice to family-owned businesses.
He is known for developing creative and innovative structures that minimise tax and tax risk, while protecting against tax authority challenges.
Clients turn to him when they have large-scale mandates requiring cutting-edge tax advice often in the context of multijurisdictional transactions.
Part of his skill is his ability to integrate tax structuring advice seamlessly – even in the most complex of transactions.
Christian speaks German and English.
- Advising Continental AG on complex reorganisations (inter alia, relating to the separation of the Vitesco business) from a tax perspective.
- Providing tax advice to Merck on the sale of its consumer health business to Procter & Gamble. (≈ EUR 3.5 bn)
- Advising Takata on the tax structuring and other tax aspects of the EMEA part of its worldwide restructuring.
- Providing tax advice on Maersk's acquisition of Hamburg Süd. (≈ EUR 3.5 bn)
- Advising Boehringer Ingelheim on the swap of its consumer health care business with the animal health business of Sanofi. (≈ EUR 18 bn)
- Advising on the tax structuring of various complex reorganisations of several family-owned groups of companies.
- University of Munich, Germany (Dr. jur.)
- Duke University, US (LLM)
- Tax advisor, Germany
- Tax lawyer, Germany
- Attorney-at-law, Hamburg, Germany and New York, US
- Advisory board of the Hamburg Forum for Enterprise Taxation, Germany (chairman)
- Chairs a panel on corporate/transformation tax at the annual conference of the Hamburg Forum for Enterprise Taxation at Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany
- Lecturer on corporate tax law at Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany