About Lee Rovinescu
Lee Rovinescu is a partner in our international arbitration group, based in New York.
He has significant experience advising and representing clients in complex international disputes. Prior to moving to New York in 2014, he worked in our Paris and Dubai offices. He has represented clients in commercial, foreign investment and construction arbitrations across a wide variety of industry sectors. He also advises clients on matters of public international law.
In 2018, Law360 named Lee one of three rising stars under the age of 40 in the field of international arbitration. He has also been recognized by Who’s Who Legal Arbitration, Chambers USA for international arbitration and by Lawdragon in its 2023 inaugural 500 X – The Next Generation Guide in the International Arbitration/Global Litigation category.
Lee works in English, French and Spanish.
- Advising an American multinational corporation in its precedent-setting, multibillion-dollar ICSID arbitration against Venezuela arising from the expropriation of hydrocarbon and refining assets.
- Advising an international inter-governmental organization in commercial arbitrations governed by the UNCITRAL rules concerning disputes arising under contracts for the provision of goods and services to it.
- Advising Eco Oro Minerals Corp. in its ICSID arbitration against the Colombian government under the Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement relating to adverse measures affecting an investment in the mining sector.
- Advising the Tanzanian National Roads Agency in an ICC arbitration arising out of the construction of a road.
- Advising a US oil and gas major in two ICC arbitrations against a Latin American state-owned oil company.
- Advising a consortium of Korean EPC contractors in an ICC arbitration concerning the construction of a power plant in eastern Africa.
- Advising a multinational telecommunications company in a dispute with a competitor regarding the award of a license in a Middle-Eastern state.
- LLB, McGill University
- BCL, Quebec civil law, McGill University
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York