About Stephen Revell
Stephen specialises in privatisations, and debt and equity securities offerings, especially those with cross-border elements, and has worked on listings on over 15 different stock exchanges.
He also has extensive experience of cross-border M&A transactions and advising on regulatory and corporate governance issues. Stephen regularly trains boards on corporate governance best practice.
Stephen has acted for buyers, sellers, targets, financial advisers and management boards, and sees issues from all perspectives. He has broad sector experience and, as a 'hands-on' partner, gets fully involved in all drafting and negotiations.
Known for his global perspective and local knowledge, Stephen has practised in the United States, throughout Europe and in Asia, working on transactions in over 50 countries.
- Advising Singapore-headquartered BOC Aviation on its US$1.1bn (HK$8.7bn) IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advising Hutchison Whampoa on the establishment of a strategic alliance between its subsidiary A.S. Watson Holdings and Temasek, including a consideration of an IPO with a listing in Hong Kong, Singapore and London.
- Advising PT Multipolar, CVC Capital Partners and PT Matahari Department Store on the $1.3bn international offering of shares of Matahari.
- Advising Seadrill, one of the world’s biggest drilling-rig companies, on the $3bn disposal of its tender rig business to Sapura Kencana in Malaysia.
- Advising Nomura on its acquisition of the Lehman Brothers’ business across the world outside the US, which saw him lead and co-ordinate a team of more than 100 Freshfields lawyers and 20 local counsel.
- Cambridge University, UK
- Singapore Securities Industry Council – Member
- Singapore International Chamber of Commerce – Board Member
- International Bar Association – several committees and working groups
- Law Society of Singapore – Member of the Anti-Money Laundering Committee and the Advisory Committee of the Professional Conduct Council