About Piers Prichard Jones
Piers is a corporate partner in our global transactions group in London. He is also Chair of the firm’s Board.
He acts for a variety of clients across a range of sectors and is particularly well known for his work on transformational, cross border M&A transactions.
Piers combines his transactional work with advice to company boards on activism, capital raisings, governance and risk and crisis management.
Piers is also relationship partner for a number of the firm’s FTSE and international clients.
- ABB on the sale of its power grids division to Hitachi and on the sale of its high voltage cable business to NKT
- BAE Systems on its proposed merger with EADS
- Barrick Gold on its merger with Randgold Resources
- Berry Global on its acquisition of RPC
- BT on the share acquisitions by Altice
- Bwin on its acquisition by GVC
- Charlotte Tilbury on its acquisition by Puig
- DWS on its acquisition of Stagecoach
- Entain on its defences against the approach by MGM and the approach by DraftKings
- GXO on its acquisition of Clipper Logistics
- IHG on various matters, including its defence against the campaign by Marcato, the activist
- Klepierre on its approach to Hammerson
- Laird on its acquisition by Advent
- Mars on the disposal of its coffee business to Lavazza and on its acquisition of AniCura and Linnaeus, as well as on other transactions
- Parker-Hannifin on its acquisition of Meggitt
- Smiths on the dual track spin/sale of its medical division
- SNB on its investment in Credit Suisse
- Xstrata on its merger with Glencore
- ZPG on its acquisition by Silver Lake
- Oxford University, UK