About Cyrus Pocha
Cyrus has a broad range of financial services regulatory experience and his growing client base includes international corporate and investment banks, custodians, investment managers, FMIs and market associations.
He guides clients on the impact and implementation of the latest financial services legal developments (eg recovery and resolution planning, Fintech, bank structural reform and MiFID 2) as well as regulatory aspects of M&A, IPOs, restructurings and other transactions involving financial institutions.
Cyrus also regularly advises clients in the areas of prime brokerage and custody services and the more specific areas of short selling and benchmark regulation.
He has spent time on secondment within the prime brokerage groups of two leading investment banks, at a European-based independent clearing house and at our Berlin office. He has written for The Lawyer and regularly presents internally and externally on financial services regulatory issues.
His experience includes:
- advising Hellman & Friedman and GIC on their acquisition of Allfunds, a leading global financial technology business;
- advising Allfunds Bank on its intended acquisition of Credit Suisse InvestLab;
- advising Allfunds Bank on its intended acquisition of certain fund distribution business from BNPP;
- advising Hellman & Friedman and GIC on the recommended all-cash takeover offer by Evergood 5 AS (a newly formed company controlled by funds managed and advised by H&F) to acquire Nets A/S
- advising Nets on its merger with Concardis;
- advising Nets on its acquisition of Dotpay and eCard;
- advising ADNOC in relation to its partnership with Intercontinental Exchange to launch a new exchange in the Abu Dhabi Global Market, ICE Futures Abu Dhabi, on which physically-delivered futures contracts in respect of Murban crude oil will be listed for the first time.
- advising a number of global investment banks on implementation of MiFID II;
- advising a large investment banking on Brexit related matters;
- advising a large financial market infrastructure on its Fintech projects;
- advising investment banks and market associations on the UK Senior Managers Regime
- advising benchmark submitters and administrators on the regulation of benchmarks and indicies
- Solicitor, England and Wales (2010)
- Called to the Bar in 2003 as a member of Middle Temple