About Sarah Parkes
Sarah focuses on significant and complex financial services litigation, investigations and regulatory enforcement proceedings, including those concerning professional services firms.
She is highly regarded for her advice on disputes concerning complex financial products and on the defence of ground-breaking large-scale investigations.
Her experience includes advising:
- a major investment bank on significant litigation arising from allegedly fraudulent payments made from an account held by the bank;
- a global investment bank in relation to a collection of regulatory and criminal investigations into allegations of a conspiracy among the world's largest banks to manipulate the setting of the LIBOR and other leading benchmark interest rates; and
- in relation to disciplinary and enforcement (and related) proceedings brought by the ICAEW and the FRC (and its predecessor bodies) concerning corporate governance, audit, corporate finance and insolvency matters.
Sarah leads the global dispute resolution practice and is a member of its diversity and inclusion committee. She is an ally of its Halo and Black Affinity Networks.
- Trinity Hall, Cambridge (first class law degree)
- English solicitor, admitted March 1996