About Annie Pan
Annie is a Senior Associate in the firm’s international arbitration practice in London.
Annie practices both investment and commercial arbitration, with a particular focus on emerging market disputes and damages issues. She has experience advising in disputes under the ICSID, ICSID Additional Facility, UNCITRAL, LCIA and ICC Rules, and has worked with clients from a range of sectors, including mining, infrastructure, shipping, agriculture and telecoms.
Annie has also spent time in the firm’s Washington, DC and Singapore offices.
- Akfel Commodities in its ICSID arbitration against Turkey relating to its investment in the Turkish natural gas and energy sector;
- GPIX in its UNCITRAL arbitration against India relating to its investment in an Indian airport ground handling business;
- Deutsche Telekom in its UNCITRAL arbitration against India relating to the expropriation of its investment in a satellite-terrestrial hybrid communications business;
- Anglo American in its ICSID Additional Facility arbitration against Venezuela relating to its investment in a ferronickel mining and processing project in Venezuela;
- Vestey Group in its ICSID arbitration (and subsequent annulment proceedings) against Venezuela relating to the expropriation of its cattle farming business in Venezuela, which resulted in a US$98 million award in favour of the investor;
- The Latin American subsidiaries of an international mining company in a multi-party commercial arbitration under the ICC Rules arising out of their interests in and contractual dealings with a joint venture in a coal railway operation;
- A shareholder in a Southern African mining project in a London-seated English law-governed commercial arbitration under the ICC Rules arising out of certain dealings between the shareholder and his joint venture partner; and
- A Latin American shipping company and its subsidiary in two parallel London-seated and English law-governed commercial arbitrations under the LCIA Rules arising out of their interest in a joint venture company in the bulk chartering business.
- BSc Economics (London School of Economics)
- Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course (BPP Law School)
- Solicitor (England and Wales)
- English, Spanish and Mandarin