About Thomas Ng
Tom is Freshfields' Asia Managing Partner. He is a partner in the firm's Global Transactions Group, specialising in leveraged and project financings. He also has a special focus on global energy and resources transactions, on which he advises both PRC and non-PRC clients.
Tom joined Freshfields in 2015, having previously worked at another leading international law firm in Hong Kong and Beijing.
He is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Advising ChemChina on the acquisition financing in respect of KraussMaffei Group, a German machinery manufacturing company.
- Advising China Minsheng Investment in respect of its investment in Luxaviation, the related acquisition financing and refinancing.
- Advising Permira on the senior and mezzanine acquisition financing for its purchase of Tricor Holdings Limited.
- Advising Tesco on its sale of its Homeplus business in Korea and advising Tesco on certain funds aspect of the bidders’ acquisition financings in respect of such sale.
- Advising a consortium of Chinese investors on the senior and junior acquisition financing for its purchase of Spanish waste management business Urbaser, S.A., the largest FDI into Spain to date from China.
- Magdalene College, Cambridge
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong, and England and Wales.