About Anna Nersesian
Anna is a finance partner in Freshfields’ global transactions practice and is based in our Moscow office.
She specialises in banking, structured finance and derivatives, and also has extensive experience in project finance and trade finance.
Anna works with commercial banks, governmental agencies (including export credit agencies) and other global financial institutions on a variety of domestic and international finance and corporate matters, including convertible, structured notes and other debt issuances, rights issuances and private placements.
She has spent time seconded to our New York office where she represented hedge funds and investment banks in connection with their prime brokerage activities, ISDA and related derivatives trading documentation.
Anna is fluent in Russian and English and also speaks Spanish.
- Advising Goldman Sachs and Bank of America on an up to $500m margin loan financing.
- Advising the consortium of lenders (VEB and Sberbank) on the $2bn financing of the project to construct and operate the first section (kilometres 15-58) of the Moscow-St Petersburg toll road.
- Advising Gazprombank on a number of infrastructure project finance, structured finance, syndicated finance and refinancing transactions, including an acquisition finance in relation to the $545m facility to LLC Russian Fishery (formerly Russian Sea Catching) for the acquisition of fishery assets.
- Advising Deutsche Bank Securities on its derivatives and brokerage activities, ISDA Master Agreements and related instruments with numerous counterparties, including hedge funds and other dealers.
- Advising Goldman Sachs on a structured forward transaction relating to one of its portfolio companies.
- MGIMO Law School, Russia
- Columbia University School of Law, New York, United States (LLM)
- Admitted to the New York State Bar