About Gabriel Mpubani
Gabriel serves as co-head of the firm’s Africa group and leads the energy, transport and infrastructure business in London within our global transactions practice.
Gabriel's practice is mainly focused on energy, mining and infrastructure. He has acted on numerous project development and financing transactions around the world, representing governments, sponsors, project companies, lenders (including ECAs, DFIs, MDBs and ACPs) on many of their most critical transactions. Gabriel has also worked on a number of debt capital markets, M&A and acquisition financing transactions.
Clients value Gabriel's breadth of experience across many jurisdictions and situations in developing markets, and his ability to get the job done to international standards in often challenging business and legal environments.
- Advising on one of the largest and award-winning mining financings globally in 2019.
- Advising on the Global Restructuring Deal of the Year of 2019.
- Advising on one of the largest African infrastructure projects in 2019.
- Advising on one of the largest and award-winning mining financings globally in 2018.
- Advising on one of the largest mining financings globally in 2017.
- Advising on the Middle East Petrochemical Deal of the Year in 2017.
- Advising on the largest mining project financing to-date in Africa.
- Advising on the first refinery project financing attempted in East and Central Africa.
- Advising on the Global PPP Deal of the Year in 2015.
- Advising on the Africa Transport Deal of the Year in 2015.
- Advising on one of the first project financings of an LNG-to-power project in Africa.
- Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda and Wolfson College, Cambridge, UK (law)
- Harvard Law School, US (custom executive training programme)
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales
- Advocate of the High Court of Uganda