About Javier Monzón
Javier advises global financial sponsors, corporates and financial institutions on cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, including private equity transactions, and on restructurings and general corporate matters.
His experience also includes capital markets transactions, acting for corporates and investment institutions, both for issuers and underwriters, in the context of equity offerings in Spain.
He was seconded to the securities division within the legal department of Goldman Sachs International in London, for six months.
Javier speaks Spanish and English, and has a working knowledge of Italian.
- Advising HOCHTIEF on its acquisition (alongside ACS and Atlantia) of toll-road operator Abertis. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising Fresenius and its subsidiary Helios Kliniken on the €5.76bn acquisition of Quirónsalud from CVC, on a debt- and cash-free basis.
- Advising Cinven and CPPIB on their acquisition of Hotelbeds from TUI, for approximately €1.2bn.
- Advising Bridgepoint on the €456m acquisition of the agro-business interests of the listed conglomerate Sapec Agro Business.
- Advising Barclays Bank on: the sale of its banking business in Spain to CaixaBank, and in Portugal to Bankinter; and on the sale of its insurance business in Spain to VidaCaixa and in Portugal to Bankinter Vida.
- Advising Merlin Properties SOCIMI on: the €3.6bn acquisition of Sacyr’s controlling stake in Testa Inmuebles en Renta; and the €1.5bn acquisition of Tree Inversiones Inmobiliarias.
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain (law)
- Madrid Bar Association, Spain