About Alexander Mitchell
Alex advises private equity houses and investment funds on leveraged acquisition and refinancing transactions.
He has particular experience advising on both European and US-style term loan B financings, as well as bank/bond and other multisource debt transactions.
Alex is co-head of our European leveraged finance group and leads the leveraged loans business within our Global Transactions practice group.
He is recognised as a leading individual for banking and finance by Chambers and Partners.
- Advising CVC on various leveraged financing transactions, including the term loan B financing supporting its acquisition of Tipico, the German sports betting provider, and the financing for its acquisition of Douglas, the European specialist beauty retailer.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman on the financing supporting its acquisition of TeamSystem, the Italian software business.
- Advising Permira on various leveraged financing transactions, including the financing supporting its acquisition of P&I, the German software solutions business, and the facilities supporting the acquisition and creation of Tilney Bestinvest and the acquisition of Towry, the UK wealth management business.
- Advising iCON Infrastructure on the debt financing for its acquisition of the gas distribution business of Bord Gais Eireann as part of a €1.1bn consortium bid with Centrica and Brookfield.
- Advising the ABB group for over 10 years on its debt facilities, including its $2bn syndicated revolving credit facility and its $4bn syndicated bridge facility supporting its acquisition of Thomas & Betts Corporation.
Trinity Hall, University of Cambridge, UK (law, first class honours).
Solicitor of the senior courts of England and Wales.