About Erin Miller Rankin
Erin is the partner leading our Global Projects Disputes Practice.
She works with a team of specialist practitioners that work across the world supporting our clients on their major capital projects, with a particular focus on emerging markets. Erin is co-editor of Dealing with Delay and Disruption on Construction Projects published by Sweet and Maxwell.
She has specific expertise of complex international arbitrations in the oil and gas, power, mining, technology and transportation sectors.
- Advising a US-headquartered global energy corporation in a Western Australia-seated arbitration under UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules concerning the construction of one of the world’s largest natural gas projects.
- Advising a US-headquartered global energy corporation on a potential dispute involving the construction of one of the largest liquefied natural gas projects in Australia.
- Advising a Japanese multinational engineering, electrical equipment, and electronics company on its EPC contract in connection with the construction of an ammonia and urea plant in Algeria and related potential ICC arbitration.
- Advising a multinational contractor in multiple disputes with a state-owned enterprise regarding landmark projects in MENA.
- Advising a global energy client regarding a major hydropower project in South East Asia.
- Advising an oil and gas company in a Stockholm-seated UNCITRAL arbitration relating to the construction of a refinery in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a US-based global energy corporation and a US-based global petroleum and natural gas exploration company on an arbitration arising out of the construction of a floating oil production system in Malaysia.
- Advising a multinational corporation on a Singapore-seated ICC arbitration regarding a rapid-transit transport project.
- Advising an international consortium on its successful tender and final contract award for the construction of the Riyadh Metro.
- Advising an international Japanese contractor on its tender submission for a metro project.
- Advising a joint venture of international EPC contractors in relation to a bid submission for the construction, operation and maintenance of an liquefied natural gas import terminal and regasification facility.
- Advising a Dubai government entity responsible for the implementation of core infrastructure necessary to deliver an international showcase event to be hosted in Dubai on a design and programme management service agreement.
- Advising a European joint venture holding a concession for the development of hydropower plants in Albania, including on the drafting and negotiation of the engineering and design consultancy agreements, the EPC electro-mechanical works contract, the civil works contract, the transmission lines contract and the EPC hydraulic steel works contract.
- Admitted as a barrister and solicitor in Canada (2004)
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales (2022)