About Aino Makisalo
Aino is a senior associate in our finance practice and is based in New York. Aino represents financial institutions, private equity firms, and corporate borrowers in a range of leveraged finance transactions, including acquisition financings and cross-border transactions.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Aino was an associate in the New York office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Finance Department and Banking Practice. Prior to Latham, Aino was an associate in the Helsinki office of Roschier, Attorneys Ltd., one of the leading Nordic law firms, where she focused on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, divestments, and other types of transactions. She also provided regulatory advice for investment funds and advised on a variety of electronic products and payment services.
Before her career in law, Aino worked briefly in Brussels as a political adviser for a Finnish Member of the European Parliament.
- Advising Cinven on its $1.135 billion term B loan and $175 million revolving credit facility.
- Advising Trinet on its $500m private offering of senior notes and new revolving credit facility.
- Advising WorldRemit, the digital cross-border payments company, on the financing aspects of its acquisition of Sendwave, a rapidly growing app-based remittance company.
- Advising Cinven on the debt financing of its acquisition of Ufinet Latam.
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group on the payoff of its credit facilities in connection with its acquisition of Refinitiv Inc.
- Advising AstraZeneca on its pending $39 billion acquisition of Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
- Columbia Law School
- LL.M., 2016
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- University of Helsinki
- LL.M., 2010
- Helsinki University of Technology
- M.Sc. 2009
- Finnish (native)
- Swedish (fluent)