About Michael Levitt
Michael represents companies, investment banks, private equity firms and institutional investors in domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, public and private debt and equity securities offerings and related capital markets, acquisition finance and private equity transactions.
He also works on corporate governance matters for a variety of companies.
Michael frequently advises on a full range of domestic and cross-border M&A, financing and capital markets matters, including IPOs, other debt and equity offerings, SPACs, de-SPAC M&A transactions, tender offers, proxy statements, high yield debt offerings, exchange offers, consent solicitations, acquisition financings and convertible debt issuances.
He also has extensive experience with corporate governance matters, SEC compliance issues, NYSE/Nasdaq matters, cross-border capital markets matters and Sarbanes-Oxley concerns.
Before joining Freshfields, Michael was a corporate partner with Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson.
- SPAC bleuacacia on its $240 million IPO and listing on Nasdaq.
- A major shareholder in ReNew Power in ReNew’s $8 billion business combination with SPAC RMG Acquisition Corp. II.
- International General Insurance on its Nasdaq listing, PIPE capital raise and merger with SPAC Tiberius Acquisition Corp.
- CarLotz on its Nasdaq listing and $827 million merger with SPAC Acamar Partners Acquisition Corp.
- National Petroleum Services on its Nasdaq listing and merger with SPAC National Energy Services Reunited.
- The lead placement agent on a PIPE related to a de-SPAC business combination.
Other Debt & Equity Offerings
- International General Insurance Holdings Ltd. on a tender offer for its outstanding warrants.
- Lilium N.V. in connection with:
- its $192 million capital raise.
- a capital raise for up to $250 million.
- Verlinvest S.A. on its
- $110M Block Trade of Vita Coco Shares.
- comprehensive financing by Oatly Group AB.
- Underwriters on Prudential plc’s offering of $350 million aggregate principal amount of 3.625% Notes.
- Cazoo on its:
- restructuring agreement with noteholders representing 75% of the company’s $630 million convertible senior notes and shareholders representing more than 25% of its outstanding shares.
- $630 million convertible notes issuance to an investor consortium led by Viking Global.
- 3D Systems on its $460 million convertible debt offering.
- AstraZeneca on its $7 billion SEC-registered debt offering.
- Team Inc. on its new $250 million term loan, new $150 million ABL facility and repurchase of $137 million of convertible notes.
- Underwriters on Ares Capital Corporation’s SEC-registered investment grade debt, equity and convertible offerings.
- Underwriters on The Kroger Co.’s SEC-registered investment grade debt offerings.
- Underwriters on Republic Services’ SEC-registered investment grade debt and equity offerings.
- Underwriters on Sally Beauty’s high yield debt and equity offerings.
- Underwriters on the SEC-registered global offerings of foreign private issuers Xpeng, Baozun, ZTO Express and Huazhu Group.
- Underwriters on foreign private issuer 21Vianet’s $340 million offering of ADSs.
- US IPOs of AeroClean Technologies, Canaan, 111.com, Covia Holdings, Susser Holdings, Kirklands, Ares Capital, CVR Energy, MRC Global, The Nasdaq Stock Market, CVR Partners, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Sola International and Waters Corporation.
- La Française des Jeux on its €1.6 billion IPO and listing on Euronext.
- Merck & Co. on Beigene’s IPO and listing on the HKSE.
- Blackstone portfolio company, Schenck Process Group, on the sale of its food and performance materials business to Hillenbrand, Inc.
- AeroClean Technologies, Inc in connection with its all-stock merger with Molekule, Inc.
- Ericsson on its $6.2 billion acquisition of Vonage.
- AstraZeneca on its $39 billion acquisition of Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
- London Stock Exchange on its $27 billion acquisition of Refinitiv from a consortium including Blackstone, CPPIB, GIC and Thomson Reuters.
- KLX Energy Holdings on its Nasdaq listing via spin-off from KLX Inc., and subsequently on its all-stock merger with Quintana Energy Services.
- Sibelco and Unimin Corporation on Sibelco’s acquisition of Fairmount Santrol.
- Wincor Nixdorf on its sale to Diebold.
- Formula 1 and CVC Capital on the sale of Formula 1 to Liberty Media, and subsequently, the selling shareholders in various sell-down offerings of the shares of Liberty Formula 1 common stock.
- Priory and Advent International on the sale of Priory to Acadia Healthcare.
- JD, Harvard Law School.
- AB, Harvard University.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York.