About Maria Ledeneva
Maria is a corporate senior associate in our Global Transactions practice and part of our private capital group, specialising in M&A and joint ventures.
Maria has worked with many of the firm's private capital clients, advising out of our London office on a range of public and private M&A matters, as well as bespoke consortium arrangements, management incentivisation programmes and internal reorganisations.
Maria is part of the Freshfields global ESG team to deliver the firm’s ESG platform to financial sponsors in particular and has published blogs on ESG-related issues affecting investors (“ESG for financial sponsors – priorities, challenges and opportunities”).
She coaches and mentors others in the team and is actively involved in the Women in PE initiative coordinated for investment professionals of key clients by the private capital group
During her time at Freshfields, Maria has spent six months on secondment to Freshfields’ Hong Kong office.
- China Investment Corporation, Carlyle Group and CVC Capital Partners on the agreed sale of Neptune Energy for $4.9 billion, excluding its business in Germany, and the inter-conditional sale of Neptune’s Norwegian business to Vår Energi;
- PAI Partners on the acquisition of a co-controlling stake in the Azets group, alongside existing investor Hg Capital;
- Cinven on its acquisition of MBCC Group’s Admixtures business as a divestment from the MBCC Group which Sika AG agreed to acquire from Lonestar;
- Warburg Pincus and its portfolio company, Vodeno Limited, on a new UK joint venture with NatWest, having previously advised Warburg Pincus on the creation of the Vodeno platform;
- General Atlantic’s BeyondNetZero fund on the acquisition of a minority stake in ABB E-mobility;
- CVC Capital Partners VIII on the acquisition of a minority interest in Spectrum Medical;
- CVC Capital Partners VIII on the acquisition of a majority interest in Medivet;
- Recordati, a CVC Capital Partners Fund VII portfolio company, on the acquisition of EUSA Pharma for an enterprise value of €750 million;
- Sixth Street on its partnership with Wilton Re as investors in Clara-Pensions;
- Montagu Private Equity on its acquisition of Wireless Logic;
- CVC Capital Partners on its minority equity investment in PRO14 Rugby and Premiership Rugby;
- Allfunds, backed by Hellman & Friedman and GIC, on its strategic partnership with BNP Paribas;
- QIA on the merger of Harrods bank with Tandem to create a challenger bank;
- Montagu Private Equity on its acquisition of Servelec Group plc; and
- A-B InBev on its sale to Asahi of Peroni, Grolsch and Meantime.
- University of Oxford, Classics, BA Hons
- BPP University Law School (Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course)
- Solicitor, England and Wales