About Dr. Thomas Kreifels
Thomas' areas of expertise include national and international commercial litigation and arbitration.
Thomas has substantial experience advising clients on critical, high-profile and large-scale disputes. He focuses on industrial projects and liability law including product and professional liability. Within the area of liability law, Thomas developed a special expertise in handling the defence of cartel follow-on damage claims. He is a member of the board of the firm's global antitrust litigation working group.
Calm and controlled under pressure, Thomas has many industrial clients who feel the benefit of his long service to their industry. His instinct is sharp and his style is informal; both have proven to be successful.
He speaks German and English.
- Defending industrial co-cartelists against follow-on claims for damages in many international and national cartels.
- Acting for manufacturers of industrial products with respect to product liability and risk issues, including possible warning and recall actions.
- Advising on energy-related arbitration proceedings, including gas price-adjustment proceedings.
- Advising on a number of large-scale construction and engineering projects.
- University of Bonn, Germany (Dr jur)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Member of the German Bar