About Dr. Arne C. Krawinkel
Arne is a Principal Associate in our Global Transactions practice group, specializing in mergers & acquisitions, corporate board room advice and capital markets law.
Arne has worked across many industries with a particular focus on the automobile, financial services and transport & logistics sector. Besides his regular M&A work, he has repeatedly advised on loan portfolio transactions, both on the sell- and on the buy-side.
Prior to his legal studies, Arne did a two-year banking traineeship. During his legal traineeship (Referendariat), he worked for the treasury department of the City of Hamburg and Deutsche Bank AG. His doctoral thesis on the recapitalization of systemically important banks was awarded with the renowned Christian Wilde Prize.
Arne speaks English and his native German. He has worked for our offices in Hamburg, Dusseldorf and New York.
- Advising OSRAM Licht AG, the multinational lighting manufacturer, on the sale of its European luminaires business (Siteco).
- Advising Evergrande Group, a Hong Kong listed company, on the acquisition of Protean Holdings Corp., a company that is engaged in the development of in-wheel motor technology for electric vehicles.
- Advising HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA, one of the world's leading automotive suppliers for lighting and electronics, on the sale of its wholesale aftermarket business in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe.
- Advising Continental AG, the German automotive supply company, on the acquisition of a minority stake in HERE Technologies, a global leader in mapping and location services, from Audi AG, BMW Group and Daimler AG.
- Advising Mando Corporation, a Korean Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and supplier of automotive parts, on its acquisition of an 80% stake in a German high-tech company.
- Advising Hamburg Süd, wholly owned subsidiary of Maersk Line A/S, on the sale of its global dry bulk shipping operations to The China Navigation Company, a member of the Swire Group.
- Advising Maersk Line A/S, the world’s largest container shipping line, on its takeover of Hamburg Süd, the seventh largest.
- Advising Hapag-Lloyd AG on its $4.6bn merger with United Arab Shipping Company (UASC), the largest container liner company of the Middle East, and on its $5.6bn business combination with the container shipping activities of the largest South American carrier, Compañía Sud Americana de Vapores (CSAV).
- Advising Hamburg Commercial Bank AG (formerly HSH Nordbank AG) on numerous matters, including the €10bn asset protection scheme (second loss guarantee) granted by its former public owners, the sale of a €5bn non-performing shipping portfolio to a state-owned bad bank as well as several other loan portfolio transactions.
- Advising Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG (Berenberg Bank) on the acquisition of a US$300m shipping loan portfolio from Royal Bank of Scotland plc and on similar transactions.
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg (Dr. iur., summa cum laude)
- Hanseatic Higher Regional Court of Hamburg (legal clerkship, Second State Exam)
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg (LL.B., First State Exam)
- Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand (semester abroad)
- London School of Economics (Summer School on Financial Institutions)
- Rechtsanwalt (Attorney-at-Law), Germany
- Bankkaufmann (banker)