About Winfred Knibbeler
Winfred is involved in a large number of high-profile cartel and abuse-of-dominance cases and has a substantial litigation practice, at both European and national levels.
He has vast experience of representing clients in European and multijurisdictional merger reviews in different sectors.
Winfred (1967) is a former chairman of the Dutch association of competition lawyers and regularly speaks and publishes on antitrust topics.
He speaks Dutch, English, French, German and Russian.
- Advising ABN AMRO on EU merger control and state aid procedure before the European Commission.
- Advising RWE/Essent, for over 15 years, on many strategic competition and regulatory matters, including electricity and gas transport tariff regulation, and ownership unbundling.
- Advising Ziggo in litigation against the Dutch government on access to cable networks and cable consolidation.
- Advising Shell in litigation before the European Court of Justice relating to a bitumen cartel.
- Advising UPS on its proposed bid for TNT and the subsequent litigation against the European Commission before the European Court of Justice.
- Advising Blackstone on a number of European merger control cases.
- Educated in London and Paris
- University of Leiden, the Netherlands (civil and European law)