About Marcel Kaufmann
Marcel advises a broad range of multinationals and German companies on key regulatory issues and disputes.
He has specific sector experience in the healthcare and transport business, including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, railways and automotive.
His practice covers high-end litigation before administrative, civil and constitutional courts for both companies and public authorities, including highly visible mandates before the Federal Constitutional Court and the European Court of Justice.
In regulated industries, Marcel offers complex regulatory and compliance advice in national and global matters, internal investigations, transactions in sectors like healthcare or transport and complex restructuring mandates.
He speaks German and English.
- Advising Novartis on the purchase of GSK’s oncology business and the sale of its OTC business to a joint venture with GSK.
- Advising Advent International on the sale of the MEDIAN group, the largest private rehabilitation care provider in Germany.
- Advising a Chinese strategic investor on the acquisition of a global market leader in blood plasma and plasma-based pharmaceutical products.
- Advising Deutsche Bahn in large disputes against competitors and German Laender regarding infrastructure fees.
- Advising a leading manufacturer of medical devices in the review of his distribution contracts and the compliance management system.
- Teaches administrative law at the University of Goettingen, and received a professorship from the university.