About Sundeep Kapila
Sundeep is a senior partner in our global transactions practice, specialising in complex public and private mergers and acquisitions, demergers and joint ventures. His practice encompasses a broad range of sectors including financial services, payments, technology and consumer products. He regularly advises boards on governance issues, including shareholder activism.
Sundeep is the global relationship partner for many of the firm's largest clients including Visa, Uber, Deutsche Bank, State Street, Fidelity, AIG and Zurich.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its €1.63bn sale of Etraveli Group to Booking Holdings Inc.
- Advising State Street on its US$3.5bn acquisition of Brown Brothers Harriman's Investor Services business.
- Advising Goldman Sachs on its EUR 1.6bn acquisition of NN Investment Partners from NN Group.
- Advising Bank of America on the £7bn sale of MBNA to Lloyds Banking Group.
- Advising AA plc on its public acquisition by Warburg Pincus and Towerbrook.
- Advising Uber on various cross-border M&A transactions including the sale of Uber Freight to, and investment in, sennder GmbH, its investment in Grupo Moove and its acquisition of HK Taxi.
- Advising Visa on its public offer for Earthport plc and on its strategic investment in solarisBank and ongoing commercial arrangements.
- Advising PayPoint on its acquisitions of Merchant Rentals and Handepay Limited.
- Advising ReAssure on its acquisition of the mature savings business of Legal & General.
- Advising Deutsche Bank on the disposal of its prime broking business to BNP Paribas, on the sale of its UK and US asset management businesses to Aberdeen and its £977m acquisition of Lloyds Abbey Life.
- Advising on the £1.4bn acquisition of the London Metal Exchange by Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing.
- Advising on the £2.51bn sale by Scottish & Newcastle of its retail division and the £7.6bn takeover offer from Heineken and Carlsberg.
- Advising Blackstone and PAI on the £2bn sale of United Biscuits to the Pladis Group.
- Advising numerous banking consortia on the establishment of various electronic trading platforms including ParFx, Socx, Bondclick and LiquidityHub.
- Oxford University, UK (MA law)