About Mark Kalderon
Mark is a partner in our financial institutions sector group. His clients include a number of the largest global commercial and investment banks.
Mark focuses on banking and investment firm regulation. He acts for clients on market and conduct of business issues (for both wholesale and retail markets) and prudential regulation, including capital adequacy.
He also advises financial institutions on a range of wholesale market activities, including custody, repo, securities lending and prime brokerage. His practice covers drafting documentation in these areas, as well as legal and regulatory advice. He also advises a number of clients in the private wealth management sector on issues ranging from product regulation to mortgage and consumer credit lending.
His practice is global in scope and he has practised in the firm’s New York, Tokyo and Hong Kong offices.
- Advising various financial institutions on the onshored UK regulatory framework following Brexit.
- Advising a global banking institution on the provision of services to e-money and payment institutions.
- Advising a payment services institution on the UK rollout of cryptocurrency exchange and wallet services.
- Advising broker-dealers, prime brokers and custodians on their compliance with the settlement discipline provisions of the CSDR.
- Advising a wealth manager on the provision of an online securities dealing service to retail clients.
- Advising a wealth manager on the provision of a listed derivatives service.
Mark is a member of the Financial Markets Law Committee.
He is a member of the Regulatory Committee of the City of London Law Society.
He has an MA from Oxford University and an LLM from the University of Chicago Law School.