About Dr. Simone Kämpfer
Based in our white-collar defence and global investigations practice, Simone heads up our corporate crime group in Central Europe.
Prior to joining us in 2018, Simone gained invaluable experience as a public prosecutor (with a focus on white-collar crime, while also acting as press officer) and as a criminal defence lawyer at a leading boutique firm in the field of white-collar crime. Simone is one of the most respected criminal lawyers in Germany.
She defends both businesses and individuals in complex corporate crime and criminal tax cases conducted both inside and outside the courtroom. She also boasts a wealth of experience in carrying out internal investigations, particularly where there may be criminal implications (including #MeToo cases). Simone advises on ESG and compliance issues and acts as a trusted advisor and ombudsperson for international companies. Another area where she excels is advising clients on parliamentary committees of inquiry set up at both national and state level.
She sits on the Supervisory Board at Droege Group AG, the Board of Trustees at Bucerius Law School, and is also a member of our firm’s Ethics Committee.
Simone also regularly gives talks and lectures, publishes on criminal law and criminal procedure, and member of the Executive Advisory Board of the ZWH.
- Defense of a Big Four audit firm (EY) in criminal and professional proceedings
- Advising Axel Springer SE in connection with MeToo allegations against the then editor-in-chief of Bild.
- Representation of companies and witnesses in the "PKW-Maut" Parliamentary Inquiry Committee of the German Bundestag
- Defense of Facebook against accusations under the NetzDG
- Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich and University of Regensburg, Germany (Dr iur)
- Admitted as Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Certified specialist lawyer for criminal law
- Partner at tdwe Rechtsanwälte (2007–2018)
- Public prosecutor (1998–2007)
- Supervisory board member of Droege Group