About Dr. Simone Kämpfer
Dr Simone Kämpfer is a partner in our White-Collar Defense and Global Investigations departments. She heads the white-collar criminal law department of our firm in Germany since 2018.
Previously, Simone worked as a prosecutor (inter alia department for white-collar crimes) and as a criminal defence attorney in a leading white-collar criminal law boutique. She is counted among the most respected criminal lawyers in Germany.
Her expertise lies in the comprehensive in-court and out-of-court defence of companies and individuals in complex white-collar and tax criminal proceedings. In addition, she has extensive experience in conducting internal investigations mostly with criminal law implications (including #MeToo cases). Simone Kämpfer also on compliance issues and acts as ombudsperson for international companies. Another focus of her work is advising clients on parliamentary committees of inquiry of the German Bundestag and state parliaments.
Simone lectures regularly, publishes on criminal law and criminal procedure and is co-editor of the Neue Zeitschrift für Strafrecht (NStZ).
- Defense of a Big Four audit firm (EY) in criminal and professional proceedings
- Advising Axel Springer SE in connection with MeToo allegations against the then editor-in-chief of Bild.
- Representation of companies and witnesses in the "PKW-Maut" Parliamentary Inquiry Committee of the German Bundestag
- Defense of Facebook against accusations under the NetzDG
- Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich and University of Regensburg, Germany (Dr iur)
- Admitted as Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Certified specialist lawyer for criminal law
- Partner at tdwe Rechtsanwälte (2007–2018)
- Public prosecutor (1998–2007)
- Supervisory board member of Droege Group