About Simon Johnson
Simon Johnson is a banking lawyer in the London office specialising in real estate financing, investment grade/crossover credits and restructurings. Simon has wide experience of advising sponsors, investors, banks, debt funds and other financial institutions and corporates on real estate finance transactions (including CMBS structures), event driven corporate financings, syndicated loan facilities and capital markets exits.
- Advising Ares Management and Sunrise Real Estate on the debt financing for a new platform for acquisition and development of logistics assets across Europe.
- Advising Cerberus and Arrow Capital Partners on a senior / mezzanine debt financing for the acquisition and development of over 60 logistics properties in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain and Ireland, split across two property portfolios.
- Advising Four Seasons Healthcare on its super senior term loan facility, secured note issuances and related restructuring.
- Advising Cross Ocean Partners as a lender in relation to the acquisition financing of Billing Aquadrome Holiday Park, the second largest holiday park in the UK.
- Advising Smith & Nephew plc on its $1bn revolving facility and bilateral facilities.
- Advising Marston’s PLC on its £430m revolving facility and bilateral facilities.
- Advising a sovereign wealth fund on the £678m, £230m and €118m refinancings of its acquisitions of two trophy London office blocks and a large hotel in Barcelona, Spain.
- Advising Liberty Living on the refinancing of a portfolio of UK student accommodation assets.
- Advising Citigroup as arranger of the refinancing of the acquisition by Goldman Sachs REPIA and Greystar of a large portfolio of UK student housing assets.
- Advising Bank of America Merrill Lynch on the restructuring of Codere.