About Paul Humphreys
Paul focuses on cross-border public and private M&A, private equity transactions, venture capital and general corporate governance.
- Beiersdorf on its acquisition of premier beauty and skin care brand, Chantecaille.
- BASF and its Performance Chemicals Division on the pending carveout sale of its kaolin minerals business to KaMin.
- LANXESS AG on its pending $1.3 billion acquisition of the microbial control business of International Flavors & Fragrances.
- Cargill and the buyer consortium on the $4.3 billion take-private of Nasdaq-listed Sanderson and simultaneous formation of JV with Continental Grain and private acquisition of Wayne Farms.
- ams OSRAM on the sale of its North America-based digital systems business to Acuity.
- Fresenius Helios on its $550 million acquisition of leading international fertility company Eugin Group from NMC Health.
- Charterhouse Capital Partners and its portfolio company, SERB Specialty Pharmaceutical, on its $800 million acquisition of the BTG Specialty Pharmaceuticals business from Boston Scientific Corporation and on its acquisition of FDA-approved Lambert Eaton myasthenic syndrome (LEMS) treatment Firdapse® from BioMarin Pharmaceutical.
- One Equity Partners on its acquisition of Spartonics, Sparton Corporation's manufacturing and design business, and on Spartonics’ acquisition of Primus Technologies Corp.
- KLX Energy Services on its stock-for-stock merger with Quintana Energy Services and on its acquisitions of Motley Services, Red Bone Services and Tecton Energy Services.
- Mast-Jagermeister on its investment in, and its exclusive distribution arrangements for, Teremana® tequila, the brand founded by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
- Alpek, a Mexican petrochemical company, on its acquisition of Lotte Chemical UK from South Korea-based Lotte Chemical Corporation.
- CVC Capital Partners on its $1.375 billion acquisition of OEM-licensed legacy aerospace part provider Ontic from BBA Aviation.
- Beiersdorf AG on its $550 million acquisition of the Coppertone® suncare business from Bayer AG.
- InterContinental Hotels Group on its $300 million acquisition of Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas from Pegasus Capital Advisors.
- BASF on its €7.6 billion acquisition of significant components of Bayer’s and Monsanto’s seed, agricultural and chemical businesses.
- KLX Inc. on the $4.2 billion take-private of its Aerospace Solutions Group by The Boeing Company and on the spin-off of its Energy Services Group (now KLX Energy Services) to KLX shareholders.
- Japan Tobacco on its $5 billion acquisition of the non-US operations of Natural American Spirit from Reynolds American and its acquisition of Logic Technology Development.
- Smiths Group on its acquisition of Safran subsidiary Morpho Detection, and on its required divestiture of Morpho Detection’s trace detection business to OSI Systems.
- Novartis on the $5.4 billion sale of its animal health business to Eli Lilly and on the $5.3 billion acquisition of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company’s dry eye drug, Xiidra®.
- Sun Pharmaceuticals on investments in scPharmaceuticals and in Krystal Biotech.
- Burford Capital on its acquisition of GKC Holdings, the parent company of Chicago-based litigation finance and asset management firm Gerchen Keller Capital, combining the two largest litigation finance players in the world.
- MSD Capital on its significant investment in the $4 billion buyout of UFC, joining WME-IMG, KKR and Silver Lake.
- Vossloh on its acquisition of Rocla Concrete Tie via a share acquisition of its parent, Rocla International Holdings.
- Continental AG on its $1.9 billion acquisition of rubber and plastics company Veyance Technologies from The Carlyle Group.
- Warburg Pincus on the bolt-on acquisition by Dubai-based portfolio company Mercator of transportation management software company Catapult International.
- United Medical Systems on the sale of its mobile medical device business to a US-based private equity fund.
- EQT Infrastructure II on its public tender offer for and successful acquisition of bulk liquid storage provider Westway Group.
- Advent International on its $1.1 billion acquisition of Allnex, Cytec Industries' coatings resins business.
- Zapi on the acquisition of the motion control business of Danaher subsidiary Kollmorgen Corporation.
- Innovation Network Corporation of Japan and Nihon Inter Electronics on their minority investment in power conversion technology developer Transphorm.
- Japan Metals & Chemicals on its acquisition of Bozel Mineração and Bozel Europe in an auction and sale conducted under Section 363 of the US Bankruptcy Code.
- Arysta LifeScience on the acquisition of India agrochemical company Devidayal Sales.
- Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics on the acquisition of NV Bekaert’s specialty films business, including all related intellectual property as well as manufacturing and distribution sites located in the United States, Belgium and China.
- Burger King on its joint venture and master franchise arrangements with a global private equity fund and Turkish investors for the development of over 1,000 restaurants in China.
- New York Life Insurance Company on the sale of its stake in Indian life assurance company Max New York Life to Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance.
- Zhejiang Geely on its acquisition of Volvo from Ford Motor Company.
- ArcLight Capital Partners on the sale of its stake in a submarine electric power transmission line to California Public Employees’ Retirement System and on the sale of a portfolio of contracted natural gas fired power generation plants totaling 1,068 MW to First Reserve Corporation.
- State Street on certain outsourcing agreements with a major US asset manager.
- Ningbo Huaxiang Electronic on its acquisition of the insolvent auto supplier Sellner Group.
- Ilim Timber on the acquisition of Tolleson Lumber Company.
- JD, cum laude, Pace University School of Law
- BA, English, magna cum laude, University of Texas at Austin
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York