About Dr. Mario Hüther
Mario is engaged in our automotive, financial institutions and global financial investors sector groups. He is also a member of our global transactions group.
He has more than 15 years' experience in the various product areas of the syndicated loan market. Mario regularly advises lenders, sponsors and corporate borrowers on debt financings, which equips him with a 360° view of an ever-changing financing landscape.
He is trusted legal adviser to the finance department of some key German corporate clients and acted on a number of challenging public takeover and leveraged finance transactions, infrastructure acquisition financings and debt restructurings.
In 2007, he spent six months as a banker with the loan markets division of the Royal Bank of Scotland in London.
A German native speaker, Mario also speaks English.
- Advising HOCHTIEF on its acquisition (alongside ACS and Atlantia) of toll-road operator Abertis. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising BASF on various loan-financing agreements for public takeover offers, corporate back-up facilities, joint venture financings and other loan market products.
- Advising Springer Nature and BC Partners on the refinancing of the private high-yield part of the debt package incurred for the acquisition of Springer + Business Media (originally approximately €3.3bn).
- Advising Vonovia on various public takeover financings, including the €7.8bn bridge loan financing for the public takeover offer for Deutsche Wohnen.
- University of Goettingen, Germany (doctor of laws)