About Lauren Honeyben
Lauren is a specialist insurance partner in our financial institutions sector group.
Lauren has varied sector experience but her particular focus is on the insurance sector. She regularly advises on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate re-organisations and other corporate advisory and transactional work for some of the largest insurers and reinsurers. Lauren also has extensive experience of working on reinsurance transactions, longevity swap arrangements and Part VII portfolio transfers, including in the life, general and run-off markets.
In the course of her career at Freshfields, Lauren has been seconded to the Financial Conduct Authority and the in-house legal team of a major global financial institution where her experience focused on pension scheme buy-outs.
Lauren speaks English and German.
- Advising Lloyd's of London on the recent landmark £650m insurance cover for its Central Fund.
- Advising Hastings Group Holdings plc on its acquisition by Sampo and RMI.
- Advising Equitable Life Assurance Society on its complex scheme of arrangement, Part VII transfer and sale to Utmost Life and Pensions.
- Advising Lloyd's of London on its Brexit-related Part VII transfer and reinsurance arrangements.
- Advising ReAssure on its acquisitions of Quilter's UK Heritage business and Legal & General's mature savings business.
- Advising the Hartford Financial Services Group on the restructuring of its UK legacy insurance businesses into a single run-off entity and the subsequent sale of that entity to Catalina.
- Advising Riverstone on various Part VII transfers.
- Advising Rothesay Life on various reinsurance arrangements.
- Advising Zurich Assurance Ltd on various Part VII transfers including the disposal of a £1.2bn UK annuities portfolio to Rothesay Life.
- Advising a major European reinsurer on the collateralised reinsurance of a listed UK insurer’s £1.4bn book of employers’ liability and public liability policies in run-off.
- Nottingham Law School, UK (legal practice course, 2002-03)
- Bristol University, UK (LLB joint honours in law and German, 1998–2002)