About Lindsay Hingston
Lindsay is a partner specialising in restructuring and insolvency.
Lindsay advises across the full spectrum of stakeholders and processes on both domestic and cross-border restructuring matters. Her experience includes acting for financial creditors, borrowers, insolvency officeholders, pension trustees and others on matters involving schemes of arrangement, company voluntary arrangements, security enforcements, pre-packs and other formal insolvency appointments, intercreditor disputes, out-of-court restructurings and distressed M&A. Recent high-profile mandates include against for Debenhams on its light touch administration and sale of assets to boohoo.
During her time at Freshfields, Lindsay has been seconded to work as a banking associate in the Financial Restructuring Group at Houlihan Lokey.
Lindsay is ranked in Chambers UK and was included in The Lawyer’s Hot 100 for 2021. She is a current member of the ILA Council.
Non-confidential deals and highlights include advising:
- Debenhams on all aspects of its “light touch” administration including the sale of certain assets to boohoo, as well as its previous pre-pack administration and company voluntary arrangements;
- a group of lenders to Codere in relation to its 2020 scheme of arrangement;
- certain creditors of Intu in light of the administration of certain companies in the shopping centre giant’s group;
- BMI Healthcare, one of the largest private hospital groups in the UK, on its recapitalisation and the transfer of ownership to its major landlord;
- House of Fraser on its schemes of arrangement;
- a group of lenders to the holding company of Agrokor on their exposure to the group;
- Monarch Airlines on the completion of its strategic review and restructuring programme, and its acquisition by Greybull Capital in 2014, and its further recapitalisation in 2016;
- the senior coordinating committee on the financial restructuring of the Biffa Group; and
- an ad hoc group of bondholders in respect of the recapitalisation of oil and gas company Sterling Resources.
- St Peter’s College, Oxford University, UK (modern history and politics)
- Oxford Brookes University, UK (graduate diploma in law)
- BPP Law School, UK (legal practice course)