About Adam Golden
Adam heads US life sciences transactions. Based in New York, he advises clients on M&A, licenses and collaborations, venture capital financings and commercial transactions in the life sciences sector. A dual M&A and IP transactions lawyer, Adam has deep experience representing pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies and investors on a broad range of transactions, including hybrid deals such as M&A transactions with back-end milestone payments, carve-outs, options to acquire or license and product divestitures. He also regularly advises clients on related transition service, manufacturing and supply, and other operational agreements.
Adam is recognized as a leading life sciences practitioner by Chambers Global, Chambers USA, Legal 500 US, Who's Who Legal, LMG Life Sciences, IFLR1000 and IAM Patent 1000. He has been shortlisted as M&A Attorney of the Year and Life Sciences Star by LMG Life Sciences, and a Life Sciences MVP by Law360.
Select M&A Transactions
- Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease on its acquisition of LogicBio® Therapeutics, Inc.
- Rayner Surgical on its acquisition of the product OMIDRIA® from Omeros Corporation in a transaction valued in excess of $1 billion.
- Ipsen on the sale to Fusion Pharmaceuticals of rights to a radiopharmaceutical developed for oncology indications.
- Novartis on its acquisition of Cadent Therapeutics, a clinical-stage neuroscience company.
- Engrail Therapeutics on its acquisition of NeuroCycle Therapeutics, a company focused on sub-type selective GABA-A modulation.
- Novartis on its acquisition of Vedere Bio, including a platform for AAV-based delivery of gene therapies and an optogenetics program.
- Altavant Sciences on its acquisition of Onspira Therapeutics, a private drug development company focused on therapeutics for rare pulmonary diseases.
- Bausch Health on its option to purchase the ophthalmology assets of Allegro Pharmaceuticals.
- Novartis on its acquisition of IFM Tre for up to $1.6bn and its option to acquire IFM Due for up to $840m.
- Celgene on its $9bn acquisition of Juno Therapeutics, a clinical-stage cell immunotherapy company.
- Novartis on its $8.7bn acquisition of AveXis, a clinical-stage gene therapy biotech company.
- Celgene on its acquisition of Impact Biomedicines for up to $7bn, a clinical stage company developing fedratinib for myelofibrosis.
- Chase Pharmaceuticals on its sale to Allergan for up to $1bn.
- Alcon Laboratories on its acquisitions of Encore Vision, RxSight and Transcend Medical.
- Bausch Health on the sale of Dendreon Pharmaceuticals to Sanpower.
Select License and Collaboration Transactions
- Novartis on its global co-development and co-commercialization agreement with UCB for Parkinson’s Disease therapies.
- Spark Therapeutics on its collaboration and option agreement with Senti Biosciences with respect to the development of next-generation precision gene therapies.
- Novartis on its exclusive worldwide license and collaboration agreement with Mesoblast Limited to develop remestemcel-L for the treatment of acute respiratory distress syndrome, including that associated with COVID-19.
- Gilead Sciences on a license agreement with Xencor for the use of XmAB® antibody technologies in investigational agents for HIV.
- Gilead Sciences on its strategic collaboration with Tango Therapeutics to develop and commercialize innovative targeted immuno-oncology treatments for cancer.
- Kite, a Gilead company, on an up to $3bn deal to access Sangamo Therapeutics’ zinc finger nuclease technology.
- Celgene on strategic collaborations with Kyn Therapeutics, Ex Scientia, Obsidian Therapeutics, Jounce Therapeutics and Skyhawk Therapeutics.
- Gilead Sciences on its $150m collaboration with Agenus to develop and commercialize novel immuno-oncology therapies.
- Novartis on its collaboration with Cellular Biomedicine Group to support the introduction of the CAR-T cell therapy Kymriah® (tisagenlecleucel) in China.
- Novartis on strategic collaborations with Sangamo Therapeutics, Surface Therapeutics, Xencor and Homology Medicines.
New York University School of Law
- New York