About Dr. Alexander Glos
Alexander is a financial services partner in our global transactions group and a co-head of the firm's financial institutions group as well as its fintech initiative.
He has a wide range of regulatory expertise and specializes in financial services and markets regulation, including banking, investment services, payment services and asset management. In this context he works on M&A and portfolio transactions, as well as restructurings and reorganisations. He has strong expertise in fintech and EU banking matters, particularly the single supervisory mechanism and the single resolution mechanism.
Alexander writes and presents regularly on financial services regulatory issues and is publisher of a handbook for banking supervision law. He has frequent dealings with various regulators such as the European Central Bank and the German Federal Financial Services Authority (BaFin).
He speaks German, English and French.
- SEB Kort Bank AB on the acquisition of all shares in Lufthansa AirPlus Servicekarten GmbH
- PayPal on an exclusive multi-year agreement for the sale of up to €40bn European “Pay Later” receivables to KKR
- Advising Hamburg Commercial Bank (former HSH Nordbank AG) in restructuring since 2009, including a series of loan portfolio transactions, the buyback of hybrid capital instruments and settlement of claims of hybrid capital investors, and the first successful privatisation of a German Landesbank;
- Advising DVB Bank SE on the sale of various business units (Land Transport Finance business to Helaba, Aircraft Finance business to MUFG and Aviation Asset and Investment Management business to Entrust Global and Strategic Value Partners);
- Advising DVB Bank SE and DZ Bank on the merger of DVB Bank SE into DZ Bank
- Advising ABN Amro on cross-border merger of Bethmann Bank into ABN Amro;
- Advising Raisin and Sutor Bank in actions against the Single Resolution Board before the General Court of the EU with regard to the annual bank levy to the Single Resolution Fund;
- Advising N26, on its Series E funding round, which raised more than $900m from investors
- Advising Association of German Banks (Bundesverband deutscher Banken) on the sale of Düsseldorfer Hypothekenbank to Aareal Bank
- Advising Landeskreditbank Baden-Württemberg (L-Bank) in comprehensive legal protection against the bank's classification as a significant institution under the SSM Regulation and the SSM Framework Regulation
- Passau University, Germany (Dr iur)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Maître en droit, Toulouse, France