About Nigel Gleeson
Nigel's practice encompasses the full spectrum of corporate transactions and advice, concentrating on mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, fundraisings, takeovers, joint ventures and shareholder governance arrangements.
Nigel acts for a variety of clients, with his work focusing on advising private equity sponsors, other financial investors (including pension and infrastructure funds) and multinational companies in transactions across all sectors throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
He has previously spent time working in our London and New York offices, and has been based in Singapore since 2012.
- Advising Blackstone on the $800m establishment of its Malaysia-based Tamarind Energy strategic partnership to invest in assets across southeast Asia.
- Advising General Atlantic, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and other global financial investors on their investments in Garena Online, the Singapore-based consumer internet platform with operations throughout southeast Asia, including in Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.
- Advising Seadrill on the carve-out sale of its Singapore-headquartered tender rig business to SapuraKencana, a Malaysia-listed energy company, for $2.9bn, including assets in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand.
- Advising Qatar Holding, a subsidiary of the Qatar Investment Authority, on its participation in a consortium for the $6.47bn take-private of Australia-listed logistics business Asciano.
- Advising Hess Corporation in relation to the $2.4bn disposal of its oil and gas assets in Thailand and Indonesia by way of a competitive auction process.
- University of Auckland, New Zealand (law and commerce)
- Barrister and solicitor in New Zealand
- Solicitor in England and Wales