About Raquel Flórez
Raquel heads our people and reward practice in Spain, and co-heads the Latin America group.
She advises on all employment-related and pensions issues, and handles both advisory and contentious work.
Raquel specialises in advising on global recruitment and retention issues, individual and collective redundancies, cross-border transactions, outsourcing projects, business transfers, remuneration policies in financial institutions, and discrimination and harassment claims.
Her litigation experience includes defending companies in collective and strategic decisions, and financial institutions against claims for payment of bonuses and incentives. She also advises clients on global investigations.
Raquel's clients are mainly listed and non-listed US and EU companies and financial institutions. Long-standing ones include UPS, WPP, UBS and Advent International.
Raquel has been on secondment to our London office.
She speaks Spanish, English, French and Italian.
- Advising Cinven, KKR and Providence on the employment aspects of their €3bn voluntary public takeover bid for the entire share capital of MÁSMÓVIL IBERCOM.
Advising WPP and some of its group companies on multiple contentious and non-contentious employment matters.
Advising various financial institutions on general employment and remuneration issues.
- Advising Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) on all employment aspects of their integration with Celgene, and on general employment issues.
Advising on the employment aspects of the formation of various European Companies (SE).
- Universidad de Salamanca, Spain (law)
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain (master's degree in European law)
- College of Europe, Bruges, Belgium (LLM in European studies)
- International Bar Association
- European Employment Lawyers Association
- Asociación Nacional de Laboralistas (ASNALA), Spain's national association of labour law specialists
- Foro Español de Laboralistas (FORELAB), a leading Spanish forum of labour law specialists. In December 2020, Raquel was elected second vice-President of FORELAB’s Executive Committee, for a two-year term.