About Jochen Ellrott
Jochen focuses on cross-border private M&A transactions and regularly advises on distressed M&A transactions, restructurings and general corporate law.
His track record is particularly strong in the automotive, healthcare and telecommunications industries.
Having spent 18 years in our Hamburg office before joining our Tokyo office, he has broad experience getting cross-border deals done across Europe, Asia and the US. His clients include strategic investors from Japan, Europe, India, China and the Americas as well as global financial investors and alternative capital providers.
Jochen speaks English, Spanish and French, along with his native German.
- The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd. on its acquisition of Trelleborg Wheel Systems Holding AB, the wheel systems business of Swedish-listed Trelleborg AB, for an enterprise value of over €2bn.
- Toray Industries, Inc. on entering into a joint venture with Korean LG Chem, Ltd. (LG Chem) for the manufacture and sale of battery separator film in Hungary.
- A Japanese financial institution on its governance and defence preparedness against shareholder activism.
- ENEOS Corporation, the largest oil company in Japan, on its acquisition of JSR Corporation's global elastomer business, which includes manufactures and sale of synthetic rubber.
- Eppendorf AG on its acquisition of the centrifuge business of Koki Holdings in Japan.
- The European affiliates of Japan-based international automotive supplier Takata on the sale of their business to an investor in the context of global recalls of defective airbags.
- Liberty Global on the sale of its German subsidiary Unitymedia to Vodafone.
- Universities of Passau (Germany), Santiago de Compostela (Spain) and Hamburg (Germany)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Licensed to practise German law in Japan (gaikokuho jimu bengoshi)