About Dr. Theresa Ehlen
Theresa focuses on transactional and commercial matters and is part of our international TMT practice.
She has experience leading and managing large scale projects especially in digital contexts taking into account the relevant business model, commercial drivers and underlying technology.
Theresa advises clients on transactional carve-out, intellectual property, and information technology matters as well as the negotiation of commercial arrangements including outsourcings. Her expertise also includes regularly advising clients on complex software-related contractual arrangements, the setup and operation of digital platforms and app stores as well as copyright and open source disputes.
Clients she regularly advises include private equity companies, large industrial companies, telecommunications, and healthcare businesses. In addition, Theresa is an experienced advisor of leading media and IT businesses on all operational, commercial and regulatory matters.
Theresa co-heads our Female Talent for Tech initiative and is a member of our cyber security group and industrial internet of things initiative.
- Siemens on the commercial agreements and regulatory framework for the international roll-out of the MindSphere platform.
- Uber Technologies, Inc. on the sale of its European digital freight business to sennder GmbH.
- SumUp, the global mobile payment servicecs provider, on its acquisition of Tiller Systems, a leading European digital service provider for gastronomy merchants.
- Scalable Capital, one of Europe's leading fintechts, on its EUR 150m series E round.
- CVC Capital Partners and Messer Group on their $3.3bn acquisition of parts of Linde AG's and Praxair's US/Americas business.
- EQT on the acquisition of Schülke & Mayr GmbH, one of the leading suppliers of hygiene and infection prevention solutions for skin and surfaces and wound antiseptics.
- KKR on the voluntary take-over offer for and take private of Axel Springer SE.
- CompuGroup Medical SE & Co. KGaA on its acquisition of the Medico business sold by Cerner, Inc. as well as on its acquisition of Insight Health
- Verisk on the acquisition of SAP’s Content as a Service (CaaS) business and a strategic partnership with SAP to co-develop product compliance solutions.
- Verisk on the acquisition of ACTINEO, a leading Germany-based international insurtech business.
- Zurich-based gategroup on the acquisition of the European business of Lufthansa’s catering subsidiary LSG Sky Chefs.
- LANXESS Deutschland GmbH on the carve-out and divestiture of its worldwide organic leather chemicals business to TFL Ledertechnik GmbH.
- LANXESS Deutschland GmbH on the sale of its 50% stake in the joint venture with Saudi Aramco regarding its worlwide rubber business to Saudi Aramco.
- A leading US software development company in litigation regarding protection of software development with a focus on copyrights.
- Ströer on and following the acquisition of the T-Online portal business and shares in Interactive Media CCSP from Deutsche Telekom, as well as on a number of acquisitions related to online businesses.
- University of Cologne, Germany (Dr iur)
- Rechtsanwältin, Germany