About Matthew Dodwell
Matthew specialises in derivatives and structured products. He has wide experience ranging from complex structured equity transactions and margin loans (both for financial institutions and end-users) to hedging arrangements (including advising corporates and sponsors on interest rate and FX, for both treasury risk management and financing-linked arrangements). Matthew also has extensive experience advising on the impact of regulation on the derivatives market.
- Advising corporate treasury clients including Bakkavor, DMGT, Kingfisher, LSEG and Neptune, together with other major European corporates, on their use of FX, interest rate and commodity derivatives, and the impact of EMIR.
- Advising a number of major European corporates on their use of equity derivatives to hedge their employee share scheme obligations.
- Advising on LIBOR transition for derivatives for various clients, in particular focussing on the alignment through transition between derivatives and other financing products.
- Advising HSBC and Barclays on all aspects of their margin loan to Global City Theatres (Cineworld's strategic shareholder), including the emergency restructuring of such facility during March 2020 and its subsequent refinancing.
- Advising various sponsors on their use of derivatives in connection with various acquisitions (both hedging of leveraged loans and deal contingent hedging).
- Advising various financial institutions on prime brokerage services and products.