About Alfonso de Marcos
Alfonso specialises in domestic and cross-border transactions with public companies.
His practice ranges from advising in capital markets deals and M&A transactions, to the provision of general advice to Spanish public companies in corporate, regulatory and governance matters.
From September 2007 to April 2008, he was seconded to the legal department of Morgan Stanley’s international investment banking division, being actively involved in a number of global M&A and capital markets transactions.
He regularly works for major investment banks and financial investors (including sovereign wealth funds) as well as for big Spanish corporates such as Gas Natural Fenosa, Repsol, Merlin Properties, Euskaltel and Grupo Azora.
Alfonso speaks Spanish, English and French.
- Advising HOCHTIEF on its acquisition (alongside ACS and Atlantia) of toll-road operator Abertis. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising on the IPOs of Parques Reunidos (acting for the bookrunners – €600m), Euskaltel (acting for the issuer – €1.3bn), Merlin Properties (acting for the issuer – €1.5bn) and Hispania Activos Inmobiliarios (acting for the issuer – €550m).
- Advising JPMorgan and Morgan Stanley, as bookrunners, in Caixabank’s €1.3bn accelerated bookbuilding offering of treasury shares.
- Advising Gas Natural SDG on the acquisition by Global Infrastructure Partners of a 20 per cent stake from Criteria Caixa and Repsol, with a deal value of €3.8bn.
- Advising Merlin Properties, Testa Inmuebles en Renta and Testa Residencial on the integration of Metrovacesa’s business.
- Advising Hispania Activos Inmobiliarios on the creation of its joint venture to invest in Spanish hotels with the Barceló Group.
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE), Madrid, Spain (degrees in law and business administration)
- UNED, Madrid, Spain (degrees in sociology and politics)
- Madrid Bar Association