About Dr. Martina de Lind van Wijngaarden
Martina is a litigator and investigator, and co-head of our financial industries disputes group.
Martina is very comfortable with high-profile multijurisdictional disputes and complex investigations.
Her broad experience in handling various large-scale litigation and investigation mandates enables her to comprehensively assess the strategic and economic aspects of each complex dispute.
Clients value her hands-on approach and her skills in helping them to manage their risks when facing acute problems.
She speaks German and English.
- Acting for Volkswagen in its worldwide defence (except for the US and Canada) against customer claims arising from the global recall of VW diesel vehicles in relation to the emission of nitrous oxides.
- Conducting an investigation on behalf of the German Football Association (Deutscher Fußball-Bund) relating to the tender for and organisation of the FIFA World Cup 2006.
- Representing various bondholders in disputes against the former Hypo Alpe Adria Bank International, now Heta Asset Resolution.
- Advising various banks and financial institutions during investigations into alleged misconduct, and systems and controls issues.
- Acting for banks and financial institutions in litigation proceedings arising from the sale of swaps and structured products.
- Universities of Passau, Cardiff and Münster (law)
- University of Heidelberg, Germany (doctor of law)
- Columbia Law School, New York, US (master of law - LLM)
- Rechtsanwältin, Germany
- Attorney-at-law, New York