About Peter Clements
Peter is a partner in our London tax practice and acts for financial institutions, investment funds and corporate groups across a variety of business sectors.
Advising on a broad range of commercial transactions, Peter specialises in corporate tax and corporate tax planning, with a particular emphasis corporate restructurings, cross-border transactions (including equity and debt issuances and refinancings) and public and private M&A. He also advises on tax disputes and litigation.
Peter’s strong international practice is increasingly focused on investors in emerging markets, in particular in Africa, China and southeast Asia.
- Advising Essar, the Indian steel-to-ports conglomerate, on its $12.9bn disposal of 98 per cent of Essar Oil.
- Advising Softbank Group on its $24bn acquisition of ARM Holdings.
- Advising Liberty Global, the international cable company, on its €19bn 50/50 Netherlands joint venture with Vodafone.
- Advising SSE plc on the demerger of its UK domestic retail operations and subsequent combination with Npower.
- Advising Starbucks Corporation on the US$1.3bn buy-out of its East China joint venture.
- Advising Shui On Land, a Hong Kong property group, on its disposal of two major development projects in Shanghai to, respectively, The Link REIT for RMB6.6bn and Bayline Global for RMB5.7bn.
- Advising JP Morgan on its acquisition, with Lone Star, of Commerzbank’s €2.2bn pan-European commercial real estate loan portfolio.
- Nottingham Law School, UK (legal practice course)
- Hertford College, Oxford, UK (BA Hons)