About Enrico Castellani
Enrico heads the dispute resolution practice in Italy.
He combines an impressive track record in dispute resolution with a strong banking and finance background.
Highly versatile, Enrico advises on cases that range from insolvency disputes and product liability to derivatives litigation and regulatory investigations. He also has extensive corporate experience across many sectors.
Enrico is comfortable with both domestic and cross-border litigation and transactions. His passion and commitment, together with exemplary technical skills, make him a sought-after adviser for both Italian and international clients.
He advises financial institutions and private equity investors, and companies in sectors such as construction and pharmaceuticals. Clients value his detailed knowledge and commercial acumen, and know they can rely on him to deliver creative solutions to complex problems.
Enrico also works frequently with criminal counsels on white-collar crime cases and acts as counsel and arbitrator in arbitration proceedings.
- Advising several major international banks on all the ramifications of the Parmalat collapse, including the criminal investigations and prosecutions, and the administrator's claims.
- Advising a leading international bank (in support of and co-operation with its criminal counsel) on criminal proceedings brought by the Milan public prosecutor before the Milan Court for the alleged aiding and abetting of the senior management of a major Italian bank in alleged accounting fraud and market manipulation.
- Advising various leading international banks on several civil disputes and administrative cases originating from their sales and trades in derivative contracts with the Italian central government and Italian local authorities.
- Advising a leading pharmaceutical corporation on: all claims/cases triggered by its withdrawal from the market of a pharmaceutical product; and a number of indemnification claims raised by patients in relation to a range of disorders allegedly linked to the use of contraceptive drugs distributed by the client.
- Advising a number of clients on post-acquisition M&A arbitration/court disputes.
- University of Trieste, Italy (JD, summa cum laude)
- Admitted to the Italian Bar (avvocato)