About Ignacio Borrego
Ignacio specialises in public and administrative law and regulated industries.
Over his professional career, he has gained a lot of experience advising major national and international corporates, financial institutions and public organisations on transactional and project-finance matters, administrative proceedings, public tenders and contentious-administrative procedures.
Ignacio specialises in energy and renewable energy, and regularly advises clients on a diverse range of regulatory matters. He also has broad experience in the environmental, public infrastructure and public procurement sectors.
He speaks Spanish and English.
- Advising HOCHTIEF on its acquisition (alongside ACS and Atlantia) of toll-road operator Abertis. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising Nordex on regulatory issues related to the acquisition of Corporación Acciona Windpower from Acciona for €785m.
- Advising Helios Kliniken on regulatory matters related to its acquisition of Quironsalud.
- Advising Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan and PSP Investments on regulatory matters related to the acquisition of a portfolio of renewable energy (wind and solar) and water infrastructure assets.
- Advising Eurus Energy Europe in an international arbitration against Spain under the Energy Charter Treaty.
- Advising Hispania on the public tender launched by the town council of Madrid for the construction and operation of buildings in a plot of land located in Real Madrid's old Sports City.
- Universidad San Pablo CEU, Madrid, Spain (law, majoring in EU law)
- Professor in postgraduate courses, including an MA course in energy law