About Catherine Balmond
Catherine advises clients on complex restructurings and insolvencies.
She has acted for clients in a wide range of sectors and countries on both debtor and creditor sides.
- Acting for Bridgepoint Capital on the restructuring of Rodenstock, including the use of an English scheme to restructure a German company.
- Acting for McCarthy & Stone, the UK’s leading retirement house builder, on its financial restructuring.
- Acting for East London Bus Company on the sale of its business as part of a pre-pack administration.
- Acting for the security trustee on the restructuring of KCA Deutag.
- Acting for the Bank of England on various financial institution workouts.
- Acting for various stakeholders, both creditor and debtor side, in connection with the restructuring of a number of hotel and pub businesses.
- Downing College, Cambridge University, UK (law)
- Insolvency practitioner