About Arun Balasubramanian
Arun advises on corporate, securities and investigations matters in southeast and south Asia.
Over a two decade career spanning New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore, he has been involved a wide range of complex and high-profile matters across the region.
His clients include major global and regional corporations, financial institutions and providers of alternative capital.
In addition to his regional practice, Arun is a key point of contact for the firm’s clients with regard to their transactions and disputes in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
- Advising Novartis on its portfolio transformation transactions with GlaxoSmithKline and the sale of its animal health business to Eli Lilly.
- Advising Aon on the sale of its Asia-Pacific payroll business.
- Advising the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on its investment in L&T Infrastructure Development Projects.
- Advising LafargeHolcim on the sale of Lafarge India to Nirma.
- Advising on major securities offerings across the region, involving companies such as Capitaland, DBS, OCBC and OUE in Singapore; Matahari and LinkNet in Indonesia; PTTEP and BTS in Thailand; and TCS, NTPC, DLF, Cairn and Bharti Infratel in India .
- University of Oxford, UK (Rhodes scholar)
- University of Cambridge, UK
- New York University, US
- University of Delhi, India